Open invitation for submission of applications for the UNESCO / ISEDC scholarship program for 2018
The International Center for Sustainable Development (ISEDC) in Moscow, in cooperation with UNESCO, candidates from developing and transition countries, offers 20 scholarships for four weeks, from 01 to 26 October 2018.
The aim of this scholarship program is to build capacity and human resources development in the field of sustainable and renewable energy sources, and the scholarships are offered for the following study areas:
a) Energy and Sustainable Development;
b) Ecological management of energy resources;
c) Renewable energy;
d) Sustainable and Renewable Power Generation
The training will be held in English in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. Candidates must meet the following criteria:
To have a university degree (at least BSc level, or BA from economics)
Fluent knowledge of English;
The age of the candidate must not exceed 35 years;
Applications are delivered exclusively through the BiH State Commission for UNESCO. The Commission can support UNESCO’s application to a maximum of two candidates.
Two copies of the following documents must be submitted for registration:
– Completed UNESCO Fellowships Application Form;
– Six photos;
– certified photocopy of diploma;
– Proof of knowledge of English;
– Applicants who are selected will have to submit to UNESCO a healthcare form filled in by the doctor, not older than four months before the start date of the study program.
The health form will be sent to the selected candidates by mail. The costs associated with making a health card will not be refunded. Candidates who do not receive any notification by September 1, 2018 may consider their application not to be accepted.
The ISEDC scholarship program implies:
– The winners of the scholarships are exempt from tuition fees during the course of the training;
– Training will be carried out under the supervision of an advisor provided by the host institution;
– A government donor will pay a $ 475 scholarship at a monthly rate, ie a sufficient amount to cover living expenses such as accommodation, food and lower costs;
– The ISEDC will assist candidates in finding accommodation.
UNESCO provides the following support:
– UNESCO covers the cost of an international return ticket on the most economical route;
– UNESCO pays one-time travel reimbursement in the amount of US $ 100 before the candidate’s departure to the Russian Federation;
– Health Insurance: Use is possible if the UNESCO Health Service, after reviewing the submitted health documentation, concludes that the beneficiary of the scholarship is healthy.
After the program expires, scholarships are required to submit a UNESCO report in English or French.
Detailed information about the program can be downloaded here and the application form and the language version form in electronic format can be downloaded at http://portal.unesco.org/en/files/14711/10721985741Application_form_for_Fellowship.pdf/Application%2Bform%2Bfor%2BFellowship.pdf.
The application form filled in in English with the translation into one of the official bh languages and all the necessary accompanying documentation above must be submitted electronically and in printed form to the State Commission of BiH for cooperation with UNESCO.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 5, 2018 to:
Ministry of Civil Affairs of BiH
BiH State Commission for UNESCO
Trg BiH 1
71 000 Sarajevo
with an indication: An application for a UNESCO – ISEDC International Scholarship for 2018.
Incomplete and misleading applications that do not comply with the criteria set out in the guidelines, as well as applications arriving after the specified deadline, will not be considered.