skip to Main Content

STUDENT SERVICES +387 (30) 509 682 E-MAIL: [email protected]

Citizens of the European Union states do not require visa for entrance to Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, in order to stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina longer than three (3) months it is required to regulateresidence permit.

Your registration must take place in first 60 days of your staying in Travnik and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Steps to get residence permit:

You must prepare next documents:
1 – Copy of your passport (copy of page with your picture and data, and with stamp of entry)
2 – contract/lease of your apartment
3 – Copy of landlords’ ID cart

Before going to the Office for Foreign Affairs you will need to do the verification of above mentioned at the(1)Municipality of Travnik, Konatur bb, Travnik.
NOTE: Verification of documents in municipality is free of charge for students. For the verification, your landlord must acompany you.

Go to the(4)Office for foreigner affairs (Office for Foreign Affairs – Služba za poslove sa strancima, address: Erika Brandisa bb, Travnikto get first registration done and bring above verified documents. You will receive one document (First Registration Document).

Direct E-mail: [email protected] i/ili [email protected]

General info:

Before you go to that office again you will need the following documents:
– You have to fill request for the issurance of permanent resident permit,
– You need a photo (35x45mm, like for passport),
– 2 verified copies of your passport,
– Verified copy of the First Registration Document,
– Residence Permit Certification (given in the International Relations Office (IRO) at the Rectorate which states that you are exchange student at the International University of Travnik)
– Certificate about classes of Bosnian/Croatian/ Serbian that you follow as a part of Orientation program (given by IRO or lectures),
– Medical certificate (more info on that in direct E-mail and/or telephone contact with IUT).
– Verified contract for your accomodation,
– Proof of non-criminal record (you need to bring this document from your home country upon your arrival),
– Proof of payment of administration tax (100 BAM/KM = 51 €).

NOTE: All documents must be translated on Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian.

Back To Top